Banana pudding is a dessert that is made with layers of vanilla custard, cookies, and fresh banana slices topped with whipped cream. It’s common in many restaurants because of its sweet flavor and easier recipe.
The pudding is healthy and creamy, which you might enjoy if you have not tried it out before. It’s also a perfect choice for babies as it contains natural sweetness for a healthy dessert.
How long does banana pudding last? Banana pudding lasts at least three days in the refrigerator. It would help if you covered the dessert so that it doesn’t lose its flavor. On the third day, it might have a different color, but it’s still safe to serve it. Storing your banana pudding for more than three days is not advisable as it will get watery and lose its quality.
How Long Can You Keep Banana Pudding?
You already know that bananas are perishable, and your pudding will likely get spoilt if left for long hours without refrigerating. Imagine leaving your banana pudding out overnight with the thought of eating it for breakfast in the morning. You will be frustrated when you wake up and realize there are some funny insects over your pudding or it has some off smell.
So, how do you ensure that you keep your banana pudding fresh? The safest way is to leave it not more than two hours at room temperature. You can also refrigerate for 3-4 days by putting in a plastic container and covering it.
Freezing your banana pudding for long will affect the texture as the ingredients used are delicate. You may also not like the appearance and taste once you defrost. For this reason, ensure that you do not freeze your banana pudding for more than two weeks.
How Do You Make Banana Pudding?
With the right steps making banana pudding is easy. Homemade recipes are the best since you have control of the portions to use, and of course, it saves you time and money. To make banana pudding ensure you have fresh ripe bananas, milk, vanilla pudding, cookies, whipped cream, and a hand blender for better mixing.
- Prepare the pudding by mixing milk and vanilla pudding.
- Slice your bananas and set them aside.
- Add more milk in the pudding mix, blend with your hand blender, and then add the whipped cream until you get a smooth blend.
- Lay your cookies in a pan, ensure they cover all the pan’s sides, and then add the sliced banana on top of the cookies.
- Spread your pudding mixture over the cookies and bananas, and then refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours.
- Your pudding is then ready, and you can serve it with anything you like. You will realize that the dessert is delicious and may even boost your mood.
Is Banana Pudding Bad For You?
No. Banana pudding is healthy and delicious. However, it would be best if you moderated your intake as it can make you add weight and is very sugary.
Your body requires a balanced diet, and you need to eat the right vitamins and minerals to stay fit. You should therefore include other food in your diet and not rely on the pudding alone.
You should also keep track of carbohydrates intake, especially if you have diabetes, or include other fruits in your pudding like apples. Too much intake of banana pudding can also cause some bloating, gas, and vomiting.
Additionally, the dessert is sugary, which may cause tooth decay if you overeat it. You should therefore ensure that you eat with other food and also limit the portions. A toothache can make you have sleepless nights and even affect your dental hygiene.
What is the Nutritional Value of Banana Pudding?
The banana pudding recipe contains healthy ingredients such as bananas and milk. The recipe is high in fiber, proteins, potassium, and vitamin C, which are good for you and help boost your energy levels.
A bowl serving of banana pudding contains:
- 215 calories
- 4 grams of fat
- 2 grams of saturated fat
- 9 milligrams of cholesterol
- 9.2 grams of carbohydrates
What are the Health Benefits of Banana Pudding?
Banana pudding is a healthy dessert that you can eat as a snack after work out or any other time. It contains potassium which is essential for muscle contraction and also helps your nerves to function properly. Lack of potassium can make you experience fatigue, weakness, and even muscle cramps.
What are the health benefits of banana pudding? The pudding contains minerals and vitamins, which are good for boosting your energy and immunity, ideal for weight gain, keeps your muscles and nerves healthy, and prevents fatigue and weakness.
The dessert is rich in vitamin C, which will boost your immunity, repair your body tissues and reduce your heart disease risk. You can also share the desert with your babies as vitamin C, fiber, and proteins help in the growth and development, which is good in every stage.
Banana pudding is a sure bet when it comes to boosting your energy. It contains sufficient calories and carbs that will fill you up once you have the dessert. The pudding is also perfect if you’re trying to gain some weight. The cold milk in the desert can also relieve that irritating heartburn and give you relief.
- Banana pudding is a dessert made with layers of vanilla custard, cookies, and fresh banana slices topped with whipped cream.
- Banana pudding is healthy and delicious and will not kill you regardless of the amount you take, but it’s also good to limit your portions.
- You can refrigerate your banana pudding for 3-4 days or freeze for no more than two weeks. Avoid leaving your dessert at room temperature for more than two hours.
- Banana pudding is rich in vitamin c, potassium, fiber, proteins and a good source of carbohydrates, and you can easily make it at home.
- The dessert is good for your immune system, keeps your nerves and muscles healthy, may help boost your energy, and is ideal for weight gain.