Are you a health-conscious person who keeps looking for tasty low-carb and high-fiber recipes? If yes, then we have a quick, tempting, and juicy recipe for you. What you need is cauliflower, few easily available kitchen ingredients, and a microwave. Yes, you have heard, right. The recipe is this simple. So, let’s begin.
How long to microwave brussels sprouts? Cook Brussels sprouts for 5-6 minutes in the microwave. It’s a simple three-step process: Take 1-1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, 1/4 cup water; microwave it on high heat for about 5 minutes. Uncover and let them rest for 5 minutes.
If you want to know more about cooking tasty and aromatic Brussels sprouts in the microwave, then you may want to continue reading.
How Long to Microwave Brussels Sprouts? [Chart]
The strength and power (wattage) of each microwave significantly affects the cooking time and the variety being cooked.
Therefore, before cooking, always check the power of your microwave. If it’s a high-power, you should check the Brussels sprouts at suitable intervals and make sure they’re cooking well. You might also need to adjust the time as a high power microwave will cook the Brussels sprouts more quickly.
|Yield||Brussels Sprouts||Water||How long to microwave Brussels sprouts?|
|1-2 servings||1 cup||4 tablespoons||5-7 minutes|
|2-3 servings||2 cups||8 tablespoons||7-8 minutes|
|3-4 servings||3 cups||16 tablespoons||8-9 minutes|
How to Cook Brussels Sprouts in a Microwave
Here is a step by step guide to cook Brussels sprouts in a microwave. We will use one cup of Brussels sprouts and ¼ cup of water.
Step 1: Wash the Brussels Sprouts
Rinse one cup of Brussels sprouts under cold running water to remove any dust or debris.
Step 2: Cut them in the Desired Shape
Cut them into your favorite shape.
Step 3: Add Appropriate Water
While using the microwave for cooking Brussels sprouts, using the correct amount of water is very important. The table mentioned above explains Brussels sprouts to water ratio in detail.
Step 4: Place the Brussels Sprouts and Water in a Microwavable Dish
Add Brussels sprouts and water in a microwave-friendly dish and cover.
Step 5: Microwave for 5 minutes
Microwave it on high for 5 minutes.
Step 6: Let them rest.
Remove the dish from the microwave, uncover the dish, and let them stand for 5 minutes.
Step 7: Garnish with your Favorite Ingredients
Sprinkle the Brussels sprouts with salt and pepper. Drizzle the Brussels sprouts with olive oil and toss with your hands to coat.
Other Ingredients to Sprinkle over the Deliciously Cooked Brussels sprouts
- You can use celery, salt, and pepper to sprinkle over Brussels sprouts.
- You can use shredded cheese over your sprouts or sprinkle parmesan cheese.
- Or, add your favorite cream in Microwaved Brussels sprouts.
- Combine cornflakes and butter and sprinkle over sprouts. This makes a delicious combination for your weekend meal.
Why Should You Cook Brussels Sprouts in the Microwave?
It is super easy and convenient to cook Brussels sprouts in the microwave. You can get a delicious dish ready in a few minutes. Well, here’s a list of the benefits:
- Will save your time– The recipe does not need a lot of dishes. So there is no hassle of dishwashing. Also, you don’t have to worry about overcooking.
- A quick solution for you – your quick solution in a situation where there’s no gas or stove.
- Sit back and relax – while cooking Brussels sprouts on the stove, you need to continuously look after the heat and check for the water boiling. However, in a microwave, you set the heat and timer and leave the rest of the appliance’s task.
- Have better Control –You can set timings according to your choice and check the amount of power being used.
- Save energy – Microwave ovens use less energy than all conventional ovens or stoves.
- Retain nutrients – The time of cooking is minimized, retaining more nutrients in the food.
- Mouth Watering and Tempting – You do not need to worry about the taste. Microwaved Brussels sprouts are soft and delicious. They taste, smell, look, and feel no different from those cooked on the stove.
Can You Reheat Microwaved Brussels Sprouts?
Yes, brussels sprouts can be reheated in the microwave. Just reheat them for 30 seconds to 1 minute only. Reheating will make them fresh and hot to serve.
Health Benefits of Brussels Sprouts
If you are conscious about a healthy lifestyle, then this recipe is for you. Brussels sprouts are known to be one of the healthiest vegetables. Therefore, before digging deeper into the recipe of Brussels sprouts, let us tell you some health benefits of this tasty vegetable.
- Brussels is a nutritious addition to your diet because they are high in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- These reduce the risk of cancer, decrease inflammation and improve your blood sugar control/
The addition of Brussels sprouts to your diet, which is rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, has the potential to have a major vital influence on your health.
Cooking Brussels sprouts in the microwave is super convenient and is comparable in taste to those cooked on a stove. You will need a few common ingredients to try this delicious and healthy recipe. Also, it is a healthy recipe to try. Even if you are on a diet and thinking of treating yourself to something delicious, this is a good option. For perfection, follow the heating and timing instructions carefully, and you’ll become a microwave-cooking Brussels sprouts expert in no time.