Did you know that you can easily microwave cauliflower? What you need is cauliflower, a few handy kitchen ingredients, and a microwave. The recipe is this simple and manageable. So, let’s start.
How long to microwave cauliflower? Cauliflower can be cooked on high for 8-10 minutes in a microwave. It’s a simple three-step process: Take one medium head of cauliflower, 4 tbsp. of water; microwave it on high heat for about 8-10 minutes. Uncover and let them rest for 5 minutes.
Why Should You Cook Cauliflower in the Microwave?
It is super easy and simple to cook cauliflower florets in the microwave. You can get a delicious dish ready in a very short time. Well, here’s a list of reasons for cooking in a microwave:
- Hassle-Free Method – You do not need a lot of dishes. So there is no worry about dishwashing. Also, cooking in the microwave reduces the chances of overcooking.
- A handy Solution – It is a quick solution in a situation when there’s no gas or stove.
- Sit Back and Relax – When we cook on the stove, we need to continuously look after the heat and check for the water boiling. However, in a microwave, we set the heat and timer and leave the rest of the task on the microwave itself.
- Have Control –You have control over the amount of power being used.
- Save Energy – Microwave ovens use less energy than all conventional ovens or stoves.
- Retain Nutrients – Microwaved food retains more nutrients due to short cooking time.
- No Compromise on Taste – Microwaved food tastes, smells, looks, and feels the same as cooking on the stove.
How Long to Microwave Cauliflower Florets?
Cooking time in the microwave varies with the Strength and power (wattage) of each microwave. Therefore, before cooking, you should know the power of your microwave. If it’s a high-power, you should check your food at different time intervals to see if they are cooking well. You might also need to adjust the time as a high power microwave will cook the food faster.
|Yield||Cauliflower||Water||How Long to Microwave Cauliflower|
|1-2 servings||1 head||3 tablespoons||8-10 minutes|
|2-3 servings||2 heads||6 tablespoons||10-13 minutes|
|3-4 servings||Three heads||Nine tablespoons||13-15 minutes|
How to Cook Cauliflower in a Microwave
Use this recipe for cooking cauliflower in a microwave.
Step 1: Wash the Cauliflower
Rinse one head of cauliflower under cold running water so that dust or debris is removed.
Step 2: Cut them in the desired shape
Cut them into mediums sized pieces.
Step 3: Add Appropriate Water
When cooking in a microwave, it is very important to use the right amount of water. You can refer to the table mentioned above to know the right amount of cauliflower and water.
Step 4: Place the Cauliflower pieces and Water in a Microwavable Dish
Add cauliflower florets and water to a microwave-safe plate and cover.
Step 5: Microwave for 5 minutes
Microwave it on high for 5-10 minutes.
Step 6: Let them rest
Remove the dish from the microwave, uncover the dish, and let them stand for 5 minutes.
Step 7: Garnish with your favorite ingredients
Take out cauliflower florets on a plate. Mix them with butter. Sprinkle some salt and pepper.
Other Ingredients to Sprinkle over the Microwave-Steamed Cauliflower
- You can use Italian seasoning to sprinkle over cauliflower florets.
- You can use shredded cheese or sprinkle parmesan cheese.
- You can add your favorite cream topping.
- Mix it with melted butter and sprinkle garlic powder.
Can You Reheat Microwaved Cauliflower?
Yes, you can reheat them. Just reheat them for 30 seconds to 1 minute. This way, they will become fresh and hot to serve.
Health Benefits of Cauliflower
If you are conscious about a healthy lifestyle, then these recipes are for you. Cauliflowers are known to be one of the healthiest vegetables. Therefore, knowing the cauliflower in detail, let us tell you some health benefits of this tasty toothsome vegetable.
- Cauliflower is a good source of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Help reduce heart diseases and blood pressure.
- Promotes healthy brain function.
- Reduces the risk of cancer.
- Help balance hormones by checking estrogen levels.
No doubt, the addition of this low-calorie vegetable to your balanced diet is a great idea.
Cooking Cauliflower florets in the microwave is very easy. Your delicious dinner gets ready in a matter of a few minutes. Interestingly, it tastes the same as that cooked on a stove. You need a few common ingredients at hand to attempt this low-carb recipe. Also, it is the best choice for those who are on a diet. Just follow the heating and timing instructions carefully, and you will get a perfect weekend meal ready.