From being incredibly nutritious to lowering blood sugar and cholesterol yet tasting heavenly, oatmeal has become a popular breakfast choice for people of all ages! Although instant oats are available over-the-counter that is relatively easy and quick to cook, what if we tell you that there is a much faster way to get your oatmeal ready!
Yes, you read that, right!
You can cook your oatmeal in a microwave in a whirlwind. Doesn’t that sound amazing? I bet it even tastes fantastic! But, you need to know how long to microwave oatmeal? Well, toss your oatmeal (porridge) in a microwave-proof bowl, pour in some water or milk as per your liking, and then set your microwave to its high power for 2 to 3 minutes.
And voila, you have your breakfast ready; no worries about getting late to work now!
Hang on a second. Cooking your oatmeal in a microwave is easy, but you need to learn the perfect way because even oats have different types.
Therefore, keep scrolling reading so that you never have any oatmeal mishaps!
Why Should You Microwave Oatmeal – A Mere Insight!
Microwaving your food seems like an easy escape for people who do not like cooking or cannot find the time for it. Thus, microwave oatmeal is a total win-win!
Being gluten-free and packed with nutrition, oats are one of the healthiest grains that exist on this planet. It is highly recommended to incorporate oats in your diet, either as oatmeal (porridge) or in baked goods, granola bars, muesli, etc.
Many people might say that they dislike the bland taste of oats, but add in yogurt along with fruits and honey; oatmeal will become your favorite breakfast. Learn about the gazillion benefits of oatmeal, and you are hardly going to refuse them ever!
- Oats are a superfood; oatmeal is high in vitamins and fiber, helping to eliminate constipation!
- Eat your oatmeal every day to lower cholesterol and blood sugar.
- Are you struggling with weight? Incorporate oats in your diet to lose all the extra weight, but healthily as they are super-filling!
- Oats are a great way to boost your immunity as they are rich in antioxidants.
- Even for kids, oatmeal is an excellent choice for breakfast because oats help fight inflammations in the body, especially asthma in children!
Hence, it will only be intelligent to have your oatmeal ready in no time, and that is why you should microwave oatmeal because;
- Quick And Easy Way To Make Your Breakfast: microwave oatmeal allows you to have a quick breakfast, so even if you are running late for work, you should not go out hungry if you have a microwave!
- A Hassle-free Way: microwave oatmeal is a no-mess way to cook your oatmeal; it saves you all the time and energy because there will be no dirty dishes and kitchen counters.
- No More Cooking Mishaps: Microwaving oatmeal allows you to control the heat and time; hence it is least likely for your microwave oatmeal to go wrong.
- No Rocket Science Involved: even if you have zero cooking skills and are a procrastinator just like me, there is no reason not to microwave oatmeal because it requires no skills, work, or time!
- Your Kids Can Now Prepare Their Breakfast: Handling a microwave is safe and comfortable, especially for mature kids (better under supervision); hence why not let them make their oatmeal.
Microwave Oatmeal is the go-to method for a quick meal, so you never miss out on your breakfast ever again!
Now that you have decided to microwave oatmeal and make it part of your hectic routine to ensure an excellent start to the day with a full tummy, here is how you can do it correctly.
How Long to Microwave Oatmeal?
Once in a blue moon, microwave mishaps can occur. For example, people who do not know for how long to microwave oatmeal might not be able to prevent them from overflowing, and then….. Well, there might be an oatmeal puddle inside your microwave.
So, to prevent that from happening, you need to microwave your oatmeal for the right time.
The microwave oatmeal duration also depends on the type of oats you are using: old-fashioned oats, instant oats, or steel-cut oats.
|Old Fashioned Oats||Instant Oats||Steel Cut Oats|
|Time in Microwave||2.5-3 minutes||90 seconds||10 minutes|
How to Microwave Oatmeal
Here is the easiest way to do it.
- Combine your oatmeal with milk or water in a heatproof bowl.
- Add in a pinch of salt.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes, but it is better to check your microwave’s temperature and power so that your oatmeal is not overdone.
- Please take out the bowl carefully, and it is going to be hot!
- Top it with fruits, honey, or any syrup that you prefer.
- There you go! You have your nutrient-packed, healthy breakfast ready; enjoy!
Although it is not recommended to microwave quick or instant oatmeal because they end up being mushy, it is doable.
All the steps are the same as you follow for old-fashioned oats except for the time. You need to microwave them only for 90 seconds!
Steel Cut Oats:
They are different from the other two types.
- Pour in water or milk in your oatmeal in a microwave-proof bowl.
- Cover tightly with a plastic wrap and cook for an initial 5 minutes.
- Please take the bowl carefully, uncover the bowl, stir gently, and put it back in the microwave.
- Microwave again for 5 minutes.
- Take out the bowl again, stir.
- Add-in your favorite toppings, and enjoy your oatmeal!
Even in cold, dry winter mornings that beg for a cozy hearty-warm meal, nothing can be easier than microwave oatmeal; therefore, from now on, there will be no skipping your breakfast!
Happy microwaving your oatmeal!